Pretties - Scott Westerfeld



Tally Youngblood is back again and has finally become a pretty.  It feels like all her dreams have come true. She is pretty, popular, and has a hot new boyfriend.   However, she can't shake the feeling that something is not right.  When uglies crash a party, Tally is delivered a message from her old friends in The New Smoke.  After reading the letter she wrote to herself as an ugly, she re-discovers the truth about being pretty.  Now she must decide if she wants to forget the truth and live as a bubblehead forever, or go for round two against Special Circumstances.

For this to be the middle book of a trilogy, it was just okay.  Initially, seeing the world from Tally's pretty perspective seemed interesting but it was everything I expected it to be.  I 
thought the pretty jargon was cute, at first, then it became a little annoying. Pretties are simple beings who only care about fashion, drinking, and partying.  I was disappointed that this story became predictable. It may have been better to present the different perspectives (uglies, pretties, and specials) using a different main character.  However, I do like Tally.  She is a likable character and I liked her struggle against being pretty minded. She really cares about her friends and is willing to do anything to remain in their good graces.   


Pretties had some good moments but it definitely wasn't as good as Uglies, though I was relieved there wasn't an underlying message in this one.  I am interested in reading from a specials point of view; I just hope it's more interesting than the pretty perspective.   


3 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments