The Awakening - L. J. Smith

 Book One: The Vampire Diaries 
**This book will not be counted toward my book challenges.**  


Honestly, I did not read this book in its entirety.  This is the first book I read on my new phone and so it is missing some text but I got what was important. This book is definitely for young audiences not for older people who love reading young adult books.  


School has just resumed for Elena and she is ready to resume her role as the most popular girl in school.  On the first day, she is completely ignored by a new, unbelievably gorgeous, student named Stefan.  She breaks up with her boyfriend and becomes obsessed with making Stefan hers causing her to jeopardize her friendship with her friend Caroline who is also into him.  Elena finally gets the Stefan but discovers that he has a secret, obviously he is a vampire. Then there's Damon, Stefan's evil older brother, who comes to town and shakes things up. 


The only reason I decided to read this book was because I started watching the show based off this series.  That being said, the TV show is much better than this book!   Even with the missing text, from what I've read this book is just not very good.  It was a boring, unrealistic wannabe Twilight minus the werewolves.  The book started off with potential  but soon proved unable to deliver and fell short.  The ending was just confusing. This is the first in a long series but I do not plan to read anymore of them. Fortunately, we all have the TV show to keep us entertained. 


2 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

1 comment:

~C.M. Deveraux~ said...

Quite simply...I hate this book. I read the whole thing...hours of my life...wasted. I do not understand why people like Ms. Smith. I mean no disrespect but these books are awful

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments