Masquerade - Melissa De La Cruz



This is the second book in the Blue Bloods series.  
This installment begins with Schuyler and her best friend, Oliver Hazzard-Perry, going to Italy in search of her grandfather at her dying grandmother's request.  She hopes that finding him will help in their quest to defeat the Silver Bloods.  In the meantime, preparations are being made for the Four Hundred Ball in New York.  It is an exclusive extravaganza for Blue Bloods only.  Our favorite young socialite, Mimi Force, has decided to throw a masquerade ball after party.  However, with the Silver Bloods at large and Michael refusing they exist, are the young Blue Bloods as safe as they think? 


I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.  In my opinion, it was much better than the first.  The plot moves faster and we learn more about the Silver Bloods.  We are introduced to a new character, Kingley, who raises questions about the villainous Mimi.  The love triangle (or square) between Jack, Mimi, Schuyler, and Oliver heats up.  Mimi's dislike for Schuyler increases causing her to make poor decisions that Jack has a hand in helping her out of.  It is completely obvious that Jack still likes Schuyler thought he tries to keep his distance for Mimi's sake.  I wish he had a bigger role in this book since he is my favorite character. --maybe in the next one.  
The only problem I have is with Bliss, is she a main character and what does she have to do with the overall story?  I'm sure that all of her dreams and blackouts serve a purpose in the big picture but I'm not sure what that is yet and her character is becoming an irritant. Overall, great book!


4 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments