The Short Second LIfe of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer


This is a short story about a character that was barely mentioned at the end of Eclipse.   Bree Tanner is apart of the newborn vampire army that attack the Cullens.  This book tells her story from when she was created until her encounter with the Cullens.  We know how her story ends based on the previously mentioned book.  This books helps to see the other side of the big fight that ensued.  

I was unsure what to expect from this novella.  I am not surprised that I enjoyed it.  I really like Meyer's writing style.  The imagery was great and and I feel like I felt the character's emotions. In Eclipse, I sympathized with the newborns and this made me sympathize with them even more.  It gives a lot more insight to what we already knew.  I liked the supporting characters especially Fred.  One of my problems is that I wished that we were told what happened to him.  I also wish that she were able to talk to him more and tell him all she learned about the vampire world.  Overall, I enjoyed the book but it may only be because I am a fan of the Twilight saga. I got this book when it first came out but had been putting off reading it.  It is hard to learn about a character and read a whole story in which you already know the ending.  This novella is a special treat for fans of the series and I doubt non-fans will enjoy it as much. I wouldn't call this extremely interesting but it was nice to have the main character be a vampire.  I was interested to see how Meyer changed her perspective from Bella to Bree.    I don't think I will read this one again although I own the book.

3 out of 5 STARS 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments