The Van Alen Legacy - Melissa De La Cruz

The fourth book of the Blue Bloods series continues with Schuyler and Oliver on the run from the conclave.  They insist that it is Schuyler who is behind the death of Laurence. In another part of the world, Mimi and Kingsley are teamed up working to find "The Watcher" aka Jordan.  Bliss, still in New York, is desperately fighting against "The Visitor" for control of her body. Everyone is on edge after the previous attack of the Silver Bloods and they are sure to strike again.  Relationships woes don't stay on the back burner for too long.  Although Schuyler has made her choice, Oliver over Jack, was it the right one? As the saying goes, old loves die hard, and someone you may least expect is also beginning to have doubts.  


Out of all the books, this one was the quickest read and the most fast pace.  It is also the first one in which each chapter they switch between the three perspectives of Schuyler, Mimi, and Bliss.  I really enjoyed getting to see all three sides and the fact that they were all in different parts of the world. The plot is starting to get more and more complicated and intricate with the threat of the Morningstar (aka "the visitor) and the Silver Bloods.  Also, with the inner turmoils of the young Blue Bloods themselves.  I felt like this one was a great balance of their personal relationships as well as the plot moving forward. 


I was glad that the reader was finally introduced to certain characters and the writing evoked a lot of emotions towards them.  As much as we love to hate Mimi, in this one, you really get to know her and understand her.  Maybe, she isn't as cold-hearted as we all would like to think.  I also really liked getting to know Bliss too.  Originally, I didn't think she was one of the smartest people.  Now, we see how strong she has become and how much of fighter she can be.  She isn't as dumb as I thought she was and I was glad that she was able to put some important pieces of the puzzle together all by herself.  Great character development and the plot twists in this book! 


I have enjoyed this series up to this point and I am very anxious to get my hands on the next one: Misguided Angels.  When I first started this series, I didn't think it would actually get this good.  I guess with all good things come patience.  I love how all the characters have evolved and we have learned so much about them and their pasts.  The major thing is there is less focus on the fashion and more focus on the plot and for that I am extremely grateful. 


5 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments