Planning A Return

This year has turned out way differently than I expected it to.  So much has changed and I can honestly say that my life is completely different now than when the year first started.  I went through a break-up ... those are never easy ... but I am recovering and slowing rediscovering myself again. I got into a really bad car accident ... completely totaled my car  and still saving for a new one -- I am grateful to be alive and well . Surprisingly, despite being rushed to the hospital, I walked away from the accident with a little bruising and minor scrapes.  Went from living with my ex-boyfriend to living by myself to planning on living with a roommate to living back home with my mom (temporarily)  On a bright side, the year had lots of ups ... I reconnected with a bunch of old friends and met lots of new people in the process- some of which have become very close friends.  Realizing that I'm still young has lead me to partying till all hours of the night, being more spontaneous, and learning to love myself.  To some it all up, this has been one of the best and worse years of my life!!


Books ... Oh how I haven't forgotten you!! (after all this is a blog dedicated to books)  Amidst all the action of my life I have found time to read.  As of today, the first of December, I have officially completed 43 books and reviewed 36 of them here.  This was my first time attempting a book challenge and it is becoming clearer and clearer that I won't be completing either one.  I guess I was a little too ambitious but I will be trying again next year!!  Considering all my life experiences, I am still very proud of myself.  I have successfully achieved one of my goals which was to consistently read throughout the year. In 2010, I broke out of that post-winter funk that I always tend to get into and that has made starting this blog worth it!  

Happy Reading!! ♥ Sunshine


PS. There are seven books that I have read but not reviewed. (still added to the list of books for the challenges in the sidebar)  I will do my best to post reviews of them but no guarantees. 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments