Blood Promise - Richelle Mead


Blood Promise is the fourth installment of the Vampire Academy series.  Rose has made her decision and this time we follow her off school grounds on her journey to find her beloved Dimitri, leaving her best friend Lissa behind. She travels all the way to Siberia in hopes of finding him but is she strong enough to follow through with the mission she has set out to complete?


I thoroughly enjoyed this addition to the series.  It centers around Rose but because of her unique bond with Lissa we are able to see what is going on back at the academy.  Lissa usually tries so hard to be the "good girl" pleasing everyone but she basically spirals out of control without Rose around to take care of her.  It's sad really but in previous books where she was boring, in  this one her drunken antics and failure to deal with her loss is a little obnoxious.  I wish she could've found a better way to deal with her grief. However, I can say I have finally begun to gain some respect for her abilities but not necessarily for her character.  Without Rose, she is completely worthless.  


Despite my issues with Lissa, this is a great story! We are introduced to many new characters and get more insight into the bond between her and Lissa along with Dimitri's past. Rose is continuing to grow as a person and is learning more and more about herself, which is wonderful and at the same time tough.  As a reader, I feel for her and believe that she is a very relate-able character especially since most people know what it's like to feel love and guilt.  If you've already read the book, then you'll know what I mean by this next statement.  I think she spent a little too much time in the dazed state where she is just not quite herself.  It dragged on a little too long.  This doesn't change the fact that she is the best character of the entire series.  As with previous books, the ending is absolutely amazing! It isn't quite as shocking as the last two but the twist at the end still gives me hope.


I'm very anxious to get my hands on the next installment.  I can't wait to see what happens next.


4.5 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments