Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead


As the midway point through the Vampire Academy series, Shadow Kiss starts a few weeks after Rose kills her first Strigoi and is witness to the shocking death of a fellow comrade.  Since these traumatic events, she hasn't felt right and to top it off she may be seeing ghosts!  Her best friend Lissa has decided to stop taking her meds and experiment with her unique magic.  Old enemy, Victor Dashkov, may be getting off the hook for the crimes he committed.  As if things couldn't get worse, her and Dimitri's forbidden love affair is heating up once more.  An unanticipated threat may force Rose to choose between the two people she loves most: her best friend and the love of her life.

I really love these books and they keep on getting better and better!  This one is definitely darker than the previous books because Rose is dealing with the death of Mason and learning more about her bond with Lissa. Rose is still the sassy, strong young lady that we have fallen in love with but her growth is very apparent.  One of the things that I liked most about this book is that Rose begins to question whether or not she wants to follow the path of being the guardian she has trained her whole life to be.  She may not want to spend her life protecting Lissa in the shadows while sacrificing her own personal happiness.   I'm still not very impressed with Lissa.  I think that she has potential but she is not quite there yet for me.  I find her extremely annoying.  She is definitely not a memorable character in the least.  On the other hand, there's the Rose and Dimitri saga.  I like Dimitri and how he tries to repress and deny his feelings for Rose.  Things get really hot between the two! I don't want to give anything away so I will leave it at that. 


At first, I didn't know how Adrian would fit in to these books.  Honestly, I didn't think that I would like him and I thought that he would be a creep.  Now, I see that despite his flaws I actually do kind of really like him.  I like that he is a spirit user and it is evident that he does genuinely care about Rose.  Part of me would like to see her try to be with him but a bigger part of me knows that it wouldn't be right.  Ultimately, Rose belongs with Dimitri.  


  Ultimately, this book left me at the edge of my seat and pretty heartbroken.  This is definitely the best book in this series so far and I have to imagine that it will only get better from here. The ending is definitely another shocker that leaves the reader dying to get their hands on the next one!! Needless to say, I will own this series.


5 out of 5 STARS

There are some people who are disgruntled about the age difference between Dimitri and Rose.  Personally, I don't think it's a big deal nor do I think that it sends teens the wrong message because the age group these books are meant for should know and understand that this is a work of fiction. Not to mention I think a situation such as this rarely happens in the realm of reality. This book is meant for YOUNG ADULTS so parents should monitor what their younger more impressionable kids are reading and not take fiction so seriously. 



posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments