Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater


Grace grew up with wolves living in the woods behind her house.  One yellowed-eyed wolf catches her eye ... she considers him "her wolf."  When she meets a boy with the same yellow eyes she wants desperately for him to be her wolf but she knows that is impossible ... or is it? 

Sam is a werewolf who has watched Grace from afar for most of his life.  After changing back to his human form, for what may be his last time, he finally meets her.  He has to stay warm in the mist of the coming winter or he will change back and lose Grace and his humanity forever.

This is a beautifully written love story.  It made me remember the first time I was in love and this story just makes you feel good.  I wasn't completely blown away and part of the story dragged unnecessarily. At times, Sam and Grace were so lovey-dovey and cute that it almost made me sick. But, I loved the concept and the execution was okay though the writing was great.  It alternated between Grace and Sam's perspective, but I felt like I knew Sam more than Grace.  When I started reading this book, I thought that I would have a better feel for Grace than Sam but the reverse happened.  Overall, I liked the book and would recommend it to fans of the Twilight Saga though I wouldn't say it was better than Twilight. I will definitely read the sequel: Linger. 

4 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments