Acceleration - Graham McNamee


It's the summer before senior year for high school student Duncan.  He is miserable in the summer heat and working his boring job in the lost and found of the subway station in Toronto.  After rummaging through "lost" books at this job, he finds a leather bound diary of a potentially dangerous man.  He and his friend Vinny search for clues using the diary and together try and catch this Roach before he acts out his fantasy of killing someone.

This was a pretty good book.  Duncan is an interesting character trying to do the right thing.  I felt this was very true to life and depicted well on what a sixteen year old boy would do if in this situation.  It holds your attention throughout and I found myself hoping that he would catch Roach and hoping that he wouldn't get into trouble along the way.  Great ending! ... had my heart pounding.  It is a young adult book that I would recommend to any high schooler.

4 out 5 STARS

posted under |

1 comment:

Waterlilly16 said...

See I told you, now you should read vegan virgin valentine and the earth, my butt and other big round things both by the same author and ya books

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments