Envy - Anna Godbersen


Started: March 6, 2010
Finished: March 8, 2010

Envy is the third book in the Luxe series and also the second to the final book. Our characters are up to their usual and the drama continues. This book offers a nice change of scenery because everyone ends up on vacation in Florida. Penelope's brother, Grayson Hayes, has a bigger role in this installment as does Teddy Cutting. Elizabeth spends most of the book depressed of the death of Will and basically feeling guilty and sorry for herself. Again, her storyline is predictable and boring. Carolina is still trying to play the role of a rich socialite but also may find herself wrapped up in a love triangle all her own. Henry, Diana, and Penelope are still playing their roles in a love triangle despite the marriage at the end of the previous book. There are a lot of misunderstandings that cause a lot of the drama.

One thing I like about this series is that the titles have all stayed true to the contents of the book. As the series progresses, you begin to notice some parallels in some of the stories and some are not as obvious as others. Similarly, some things are very, very predictable but there are some twists to hold your interest. Diana Holland has been and still is my favorite character in this series. She is young and naive and she reminds us girls of how we were when we first fell in love. You can't help to be on her side and hope that everything works out between her and Henry. Speaking of Henry, he is very frustrating but seems to be trying to do what he thinks is right. Just when you start to like him, he does something to make you dislike him all over again. This book was good but I'm hoping the last book blows me away. This series has been good but not spectacular and not a page turner.

3.5 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments