Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr

j

Aislinn is a unique girl because she had the Sight, meaning she can see faeries while most mortals are blind to them.  The faeries can never find out that she has the Sight so she must live by the rules:  Don't stare at invisible faeries, Don't speak to invisible faeries, and Don't attract their attention.  These rule have worked for her and her Grams for years but for reasons unknown to her they become interested in her.  Now, she has to figure out why without them knowing she has the Sight.  


This is the first book I have read that centers around faeries so I was hoping it would be good. Throughout the book the perspective switches between the main characters, which is nice and helps the reader understand the choices they make.  The characters are both likable and believable. You can't help but fall in love with Seth, Ash's best friend who obviously loves her.  You grow to understand Keenan, the Summer King and absolutely hate the evil Winter Queen.  As I was reading the book, there were parts where I lost interest.  I found myself hoping the story would move along.  The ending was extremely predictable with a nice small surprise. There was no moment where you sit and wonder what's going to happen while your heart is pounding. Overall, it was a great plot but slow and steady.  I feel like it was missing a little something to push it from being good to great.


4 out of 5 STARS 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments