Something Blue - Emily Giffin

Darcy is a privileged woman who loves shopping and expensive things.  She is engaged to be married to her long time boyfriend Dex.  She has an affair with one of Dex's groomsmen, Marcus.  Eventually the engagement is called off. She confides her secret to her best friend Rachael only to discover her now ex-finance half naked in the closet.   Pissed, she vows never to talk to either of them again.  To make matters worse, she becomes pregnant with Marcus' baby and soon after he dumps her.  Down on her luck she relocates to London to live with her childhood friend Ethan, until she can get her life back on track.


This is a follow-up to another book called Something Borrowed.  I did not know this until after I had finished reading the book.  Maybe, if I had read that, then I would have liked this book a little more. Based on the description, my expectations were high and afterward I was disappointed.  Darcy is such an annoying character and I wish that her transformation was quicker.  She wined and moaned and complained and obsessed over Rachael and Dex for 20 chapters!! She reminds me of a girl in high school being dumped for the first time and she is supposed to be 30 years old? Although Marcus was a jerk, I can understand why he broke up with her.  The ending was extremely predictable but as much as I wanted to hate it ... I kind of liked it.  I still personally wouldn't recommend this book to any of my friends because the beginning was so long and drawn out. If I happen upon Something Borrowed I will probably read it since I'm familiar with all the characters and I heard it was better. The ending did make me give it 3 stars instead of the 2 I was planning on. If you are looking for some good chick lit  ... pass on this one.


3 out of 5 STARS

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments