Stray - Rachel Vincent



Meet Faythe,  your seemingly average college grad student, except she is also a werecat.  After high school, her whole life had been planned out for her, she was supposed to marry Marc and have little werekitties.  Herein lies the problem, Faythe is a strong, independent female who doesn't want that life for herself.  She convinced her father, who doubles as the Alfa male, to allow her to go to college instead.  For five years she has escaped her duty to her Pride, until she is attacked by a stray.  For her own protection, she is forced back into Pride-life under lock and key.  She is one of eight tabbies who are of child birthing age and two of them have gone missing.   Faythe's stubbornness and failure to follow the rules gets her into serious trouble not to mention her relationship woes in this supernatural thriller.  


I was very excited to get my hands on this book because I had heard so many great things about it.  I also couldn't wait to read a book on a tough chick who happens to shift.  The beginning starts off a little slow, with our heroine being all talk but no action.  There were some things stated that I felt could have been cut out.  Once you get past all the preliminaries, it actually turns out to be a good book.  Towards the end, I couldn't put it down and things mentioned in the slow parts resurface to make a big impact.  Parts were a little predictable but there are enough twists to counter that. I like the romance present but I would have to say I rooted for Jace instead of Marc.  Marc was a little too much of hot head despite his looks. I don't think it's over between Faythe and Jace just yet.  At a little over 600 pages, I finished this book pretty quick and I would recommend it to adult readers interested in reading about a strong, female lead with a touch of the un-ordinary. I do plan on reading the next book in this series Rogue. 

 4 out of 5 STARS 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments