Taurus Eyes - Bonnie Hearn Hill

This is the second book in the Star Crossed series. 
Logan has overcome her first set of obstacles and has made it into the writing camp in Monterey.  Now, with the help of her trusty Fearless Astrology, she is ready to boldly face a whole new set of challenges.  She wants needs to impress her instructor, famous writer, Henry Jaffa not only so that she can get her work put in the school's anthology but ultimately she wants him to be her mentor.  As quickly as she arrives to camp, she finds that things are not going to go according to plan.  Already she has an Aries for an enemy and a sexy Taurus to distract her.  She is determined to blow Jaffa away and write the anthology that will get published but at what cost?


I don't remember how I heard about this series but after I finally got my hands on the the first book, Aries Rising, I was definitely intrigued.  Once I finished said book, I hadn't been too eager to go out and get this one.  The author, Bonnie Hearn Hill, had come across my review and sent me this book.  I was very surprised and thrilled to have had the book sent to me and an opportunity to have an e-mail conversation with her.


Like I said, I wasn't in any rush to go out and read this book.  Logan is a little older in this book and one of my complaints from the first one was that I felt she was too young for me to relate to her.  Because she has matured in this book, I did not have that same feeling.  In fact, I really enjoyed this follow-up.  There are several reasons why I liked this book.  Again, the author does a great job at infusing astrology into the plot! I have always been interested in astrology and this has deepened that interest.  I loved getting to know a little more about each sign.  "The sun definitely is not the sum."  


Logan came across differently in this book.  She seems more confident and sure of herself, which is a wonderful thing.  She is more willing to take chances and stand up for what she believes without backing down.  For example, I loved the way she took on that Aries and even that Taurus!  I also really liked how things developed between her and Jeremy.  He was a lot more likable than her previous boy interest Nathan.  I didn't really care for Nathan and I'm glad that Logan is over that.  The way she deals with her crush on Jeremy is much different from the way she dealt with Nathan.  She is more guarded despite the fast pump of her heart and she doesn't let his gorgeous eyes fool her more than once.  The only negative thing I can say is that once she and Jeremy finally get past their issues, it seems like their relationship develops a little too quickly.  I still want see him in the next book though.  


Despite her relationship with Jeremy, she is focused more on her writing than on what guy she is dating which is such a good thing.   As with the first book, there is a mystery, only this time it surrounds the ghost of a singer who died in the late 60s.  This ghost also happens to be the subject of Logan's paper.  This aspect has to be one of my favorite.  I liked how Logan has to again do some investigating and the story is deeper than the mystery from the first book.  It seemed to have more layers and I liked trying to guess how it was going to end.  It gets Logan into a lot of dangerous and sticky situations.  She handles all her challenges very well and I look forward to seeing her grow even more.


This is a short fun read.  I read this whole book in only one evening.  There was mystery, boy issues, and of course astrology! There is no doubt about it, I am definitely going to read the next book in the series entitled Gemini Night.  And, this time, I'm excited to.


posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments