The Awakening - Kelley Armstrong

Started: February 21, 2010

Finished: February 22, 2010

This is the second installment of the Darkest Powers Trilogy. It picks up right where it left off in first book The Summoning so I don't suggest you to read it if you have not read the first book. With that said, this was a great book! I haven't read a book this fast in a long time.

Chole finds herself caught and locked up by the very people she tried to escape from after the betrayal of the aunt who she trusted. She comes to terms that she is a necromancer able to raise zombies and communicate with ghosts. The next hurdle is trying to control her newfound powers. She was very frustrating in the first book but her character has been improved and her flaws are bearable. However, my favorite character is still Derek and I love how the author expanded on his character. The only complaint that I have, is there is a very expected and predictable twist in the story that questions who can be trusted.

This book doesn't have a dull moment and holds the readers interest throughout. The author did a great job at making the characters likable and believable. In this one, you learn a lot more about their back story and the events leading up to how they all met at Lyle House. The story is very well written and I love the suspense. I absolutely cannot wait to read the final installment: The Reckoning.

5 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments