The Summoning - Kelley Armstrong




Started: February 9, 2010
Finished: February 13, 2010


The Summoning is about a girl named Chloe who gets put in a group home after seeing ghosts at school. While at the Lyle Home she discovers she has powers along with some of its other members.

This book definitely wasn't what I expected it to be. The beginning tried to show that Chloe was somewhat ordinary and succeeded but the introduction to her circle of friends and random people at her school was a little unnecessary. The author should have kept those to a minimum only including her best friend Kari and leaving out Beth, Miranda, etc. It started off much slower than I would have liked but I really enjoyed the writing and the characters. Chloe is not my favorite because she doesn't seem to catch on that quickly. Her constant denial bordered on annoying without actually crossing that line. There is definite room for all the characters to develop, especially her. I did however love the fact that Chole looks at a lot of situations as if they were scenes from a movie.

My favorite character is the misunderstood Derek. His secluded ways and bad attitude made me want to know what his issues were. The plot was not only good but also executed well. The build up to the supernatural things that take place in the plot was appreciated.

The book eases you into the supernatural stuff and had an exciting ending with a cliffhanger that left the reader wanting more but not disappointed. It was a quick read and I can't wait to read the next one.


4 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments