Micah - Laurell K. Hamilton




Started: January 9, 2010
Finished: January 11, 2010

This is Book #13 in the Anita Blake series and my first book of 2010. I'm not sure exactly where to begin in describing the book without giving away some of the details being that I am 13 books in. This is one of those books where you have to know something about the series. It would be too time-consuming for me to backtrack this much so I'm sorry this is my first book post.

I just started reading the Anita Blake series a couple of months ago. I really enjoyed them. Now, I must say that I am beginning to agree with some of the reviews I've read .. as the series progresses it loses the plot and focuses too much on sex!

I was interested to know more about Micah since he is definitely not as discussed as say Richard or Jean Claude. This book was very disappointing. It's the shortest of the books to date. I think that if she was going to elaborate on Micah's background it could have been more creatively done and a lot more interesting (especially if she is going to make a whole book out of it!) This book could have been incorporated into one of the many others in the series. Micah must have been an afterthought, like she continued with the story and decided hey maybe I should put a little more of Micah in it ... why don't I just make a short story out of it. A straight three chapters is Anita and him having sex. The part where she raises the zombie and actually does her job is okay but it also falls short.

The worst of the Anita Blake series.


1out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments