Danse Macabre - Laurell K. Hamilton

Started: January 24, 2010

Finished: January 31, 2010

Danse Macabre was better than Micah but the plot is practically non-existent. There was a lot of sex, usually sex doesn't bother me in a book but a lot of the phrases describing the sex were repetitive and annoying - due to all the screaming. The sex overpowered what little plot that was present in the book.

There is a pregnancy scare that I don't think was very believable given the situations she always seems to be in. Richard is back and he continues to struggle with his regular issues. In this book he does try but again it's not believable that he will actually change.

I thought that she, Nathaniel, and Damien were a triumvirate? She focuses mostly on Nathaniel (i guess because he is one of the many "boyfriends" she has) but Damien is not really a presence. He is only there when she needs him to calm her or she's sucking his life force. I figured that he would be more of a character once that happened but I guess i was wrong.

One of the major disappointments was that she did not work on a police case or even raise a zombie. I kind of thought that was her job! Another let down is no one dies or gets killed plus the book wrap-up sucked. I expected more action with Jean Claude inviting all the Masters of the City to St. Louis but it fell short. It could have been better but what I did read outside of the sex was okay enough to make me want to know more. This book was disappointing in many ways but I will read the next one just to see if there is more plot. Despite the fact there wasn't a lot happening in this book there are some new developments.

I heard The Harlequin takes the series back to when there was less worry about sex plus Edward is back! He is like her savior card because most fans seem to like him, I know i sure do!


3 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments