Blood Noir - Laurell K. Hamilton



Started: February 5, 2010
Finished: February 8, 2010
I honestly didn't know what to expect before reading Blood Nior. The latter part of the series have been hit and miss with me. Like, The Harlequin was better than say Micah but Obsidian Butterfly was better than Incubus Dreams.--for me.

To no surprise the book starts off with sex, a menage a trois. Jason is sad and Nathaniel and Anita are trying to cheer him up and figure out what's bothering the usually happy Jason. Guess what makes him feel better? The whole beginning of the book was extremely frustrating and boring. The part about Nathaniel needing to convince Anita to go with Jason is too long and drawn out because you know she is going to do it. Anita ends up going with Jason to his hometown so that he can say goodbye to his dying asshole of a father. The whole time they are together they are over-analyzing themselves and each other .. again boring!

Jason apparently looks like a man named Keith Summerland, whose father is governor. This whole premise that people continually get them confused and the whole media attention was, to me, very unbelievable. Just reading that was irritating and unoriginal. Then, Jason going to Lisa's bachlorette party was stupid and LKH could've been more creative when coming up with a way to introduce the weretiger.

However, there is a glimmer of hope toward the end. Anita's inner weretiger emerges and the sex isn't descriptive because she can't even remember it. Richard makes an appearance and proves that the progress made in previous books was indeed false as I knew it would be. Marmee Nior is mentioned breifly and Anita gets to kill people. A lot of the beginning could've been removed and it would not have affected the story. Inversely, the ending seemed rushed and more time could've been spent there to make the story better.

Hopefully the next one is better. I am going to continue with the series only because I have invested so much time in it already being that this is the 16th book and I'm curious to know more about certain aspects of the story. I think that LKH need a new approach because a lot of her writing is repetitive but the ideas are there if only the execution was better.


2.5 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments