Knife Edge - Malorie Blackman

Jude is still on the run as a member of the Liberation Militia, a terrorist organization, and for his part in the kidnapping of Persephone Hadley.  Sephy has given birth to her daughter, Callie Rose, after being disowned by her family.  


Follow-up to Black and White, Knife Edge is another great book! There were many references to the events that happened in the previous book mentioned.  The world in which the story takes place hasn't changed except for the characters, Jude and Sephy, are dealing with the death of one whom they both loved and knew in different ways.   The story is told through the eyes of varying people throughout rather than just the two in the first book.  This one also had me hooked from beginning to end. I love that we get insight to Jude, who is definitely someone who is troubled and who we love to hate.  He is one you don't know whether you should hate or feel sorry for.  It is quite interesting to see how both his and Sephy's lives are forever changed by a single event that happened at the end of the previous book.  The fate of these two is destined to intertwine and the outcome will leave you at the edge of your seat. Their lives couldn't have been more different and more the same.  


Though this book could definitely be read without having read the first one, it is apart of a trilogy and I strongly recommend reading the previous one first as it will help readers to see the big picture.  There aren't as many twists as the first but it has its shocking, jaw-dropping moments that makes reading it worth it.  The author does a great job at evoking emotion from the reader.  This book is written beautifully and was very poetic to me.  I don't see how anyone could not get lost in this story and I will definitely finish reading this series. 


5 out of 5 STARS

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! Even though I didn't read the first one I have a good understanding of what is going on. This is the first book I have ever read by you and it is excellent. I can't wait to read another one!

Anonymous said...

I read your first book noughts and crosses and that seemed to overwhelm me with a lot of understanding about the world terrorism, the L.M. , the problems, the deaths of many people. It showed that after all of that there was still hope for Callum as a ray of hope with Sephy but he died before knowing his daughter.

I wanted to ask what was knife edge meant to show they seemed like 2 different books. One had all the excitement in it and always something went wrong; this one just seemed to drag out Sephy's life with her baby. The book felt like it just was about Sephy crying about her baby no racism plot no suspense no sudden twists, like Sephy's other brother the letter from Callum was good but there wasn't as much. I don't know whether I just didn't understand it or was it just like this to make it a series book. And can you tell me what the colours of the rainbow are meant to show at the beginning of the daily shouter. It went in order.

Sorry for talking a lot but I really want to get this figured out.

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Agree or Disagree. Thank you for commenting ... leave your link and I will be sure to check out your blog and make comments too! :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Feel Free to make comments good or bad.
Suggest a book or whatever!

Follow me if you like my site and I hope that I don't disappoint! :)

Currently Reading

Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith

If you want to know more about me ...

I have a new personal blog that I recently started ... feel free to stop by and comment or follow.

Followers

Next In Line

Eternal - Cynthia Leitich Smith

    The Take a Chance Challenge

    4/10 books

    Whisper Stories in My Ear 2011 Audiobook Challenge

    4/12 books

    2011 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge

    4/10 books

    2011 Strong Heroine Reading Challenge

    6/12 books

    2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

    14/30 books

Recent Comments